Life

The goal of life is not the house, the car, big bank accounts, retirement, or even that special vacation home.  These things while nice and very much enjoyable, will not lead us to a place of happiness and contentment we so often pursue.  This is something I have to continue to remind myself, as the world tries to convince me otherwise.

These things only serve to mask the deeper need we have for relationships.  Now some might think that by having that special someone within a relationship, we will finally attain the true happiness we desire.  But unfortunately, even relationships with others have a way of not living up to our expectations.  Ask anyone that has been married for more than a few years, and they will probably have numerous stories of the many ups and downs of relationships with the opposite sex. 

In general, nothing on this earth will ever satisfy our deepest desire and need for happiness and contentment.....with exception of the Lord.  We were not made to be complete apart from our Maker.  We may seek to attain completeness elsewhere, but it will be a search that ultimately will come up empty.   God desires a relationship with us, and wants to bless us by satisfying all of our needs, according to His wonderful and limitless abilities.  However, we must make this our priority

We can not serve two masters, and to make God number one, in both desires and priorities, we open up the door to His wonderful provisions, and to the peace and joy that follows.  The search is complete.

2 Cor. 6:4, "but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God,......."

10 comments (Add your own)

1. Sehar wrote:
I wouldn't bet on it. Buy you may be right.It is not clear to us yet what cumnotatiopal our brain is using.At the university I went up to Turing Machines (TM). Any computer, no matter the hardware, is basically a TM (well, actually a TM is more powerful than a computer because it has infinite memory)I believe that TM it is still the most powerful cumnotatiopal model we know.From some guys a read, Roger Penrose for example, there is a strong suspicion that the brain uses a cumnotatiopal model more powerful than the Turing Machine. Quantum computer maybe?If this is true, there is no way a computer can match the brain in intelligence.On the other hand, to prevent future thinking machines to be superior to us when they arrive, we should start investigating ways to enhance our mind capabilities before it happens.

Wed, September 19, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

2. carcnnt wrote:
QkcZ3o oxcmqskczdlf

Sat, September 22, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

3. wrote:
I read this piece of writing completely regarding the resemblance of
hottest and preceding technologies, it's remarkable article.

Sun, November 24, 2019 @ 10:03 AM

4. wrote:
This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me.
Thanks a lot!

Sat, December 7, 2019 @ 6:43 AM

5. wrote:
I'm no longer positive the place you're getting your info, but good topic.
I must spend a while learning more or figuring out more.

Thank you for excellent information I was searching
for this info for my mission.

Tue, December 10, 2019 @ 1:38 AM

6. wrote:
I really like what you guys are usually up too.
Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the terrific works guys I've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

Tue, December 10, 2019 @ 9:13 PM

7. wrote:
What i don't understood is in fact how you're now not actually a lot more
smartly-favored than you might be now. You are very intelligent.
You understand therefore significantly on the subject of this
subject, made me individually believe it from a lot of various angles.
Its like women and men aren't fascinated unless it is something to accomplish with Girl gaga!
Your own stuffs excellent. Always handle it up!

Thu, December 12, 2019 @ 11:49 AM

8. wrote:
Generally I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very
forced me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed
me. Thank you, quite nice article.

Sun, December 29, 2019 @ 2:16 PM

9. wrote:
Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I
think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views
are pleasant for new people.

Tue, January 7, 2020 @ 4:03 AM

10. wrote:
Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog web site?

The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

Mon, January 13, 2020 @ 10:18 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.