Slave to Child

"When God rescues unbelievers from sin, He makes them His own slaves.  yet, He does not stop there.  In salvation, the redeemed become not only His slaves but also His friends (John 15:14-15), as well as citizens in His kingdom and , most notably, adopted children in His family.  Believers have been transformed from slaves of sin into the sons and daughters of righteousness".  as quoted from John MacAruther from the book "Slave"

7 comments (Add your own)

1. Tata wrote:
Seeker, I foorgt to address one of your major falsehoods, that the violent spread of slavery was the reason for the Civil War. The statement is so preposterous that you should be embarrassed, but it does prove your extreme bias for the North.The South did not want to spread slavery by violence, they wanted to secede and be left alone. After secession, they would have no more legal right to the western territories -- so how could secession help them spread slavery ? Ridiculous.Further, the plantation system did not work well outside the South, where neither the climate nor the soil supported cotton, tobacco or sugar cane, the main crops produced by plantations (sugar was in Cuba and elsewhere, not in the US). Therefore, there was no economic reason to spread slavery beyond the South. Some Southerners did want access to the western territories as a place to free slaves so they could support themselves farming; however, the white populace in those areas strongly resented blacks, either free or slave, and wouldn t allow it. So your argument about the violent spread of slavery is a transparent lie with no basis in reality.However, with the South gone,the South could now open its ports to free trade, ending the tariffs that funded Northern interests and industries. The result would be a massive transfer of international trade from Northern ports to Southern ones and this would have been financially devastating to Northern ambitions and Northern corporatism. This is also an important reason why Lincoln would not freely give up Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor. To do so would end Northern collection of the tariff in that port.

Tue, February 7, 2012 @ 6:23 AM

2. Rafi wrote:
This is truly sonhkicg, the world truly is clouded with the veil of ignorance of atrocities being committed in the name of good people.

Wed, February 8, 2012 @ 10:26 AM

3. yxvedwk wrote:
vrO9nQ umnsdwwkafxz

Thu, February 9, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

4. Jessica wrote:
Billy yank is a pefrect example of this!!!When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser= Socrates

Fri, February 10, 2012 @ 2:08 AM

5. wrote:
Hey there would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're utilizing?

I've loaded your blog in 3 different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.

Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a fair
price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Sun, May 12, 2019 @ 1:34 PM

6. wrote:
Hi, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues.

When I look at your blog in Ie, it looks fine but when opening
in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, terrific blog!

Tue, June 4, 2019 @ 7:49 PM

7. wrote:
I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
I needs to spend some time learning much more or
understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this info for my
mission.

Mon, June 10, 2019 @ 6:22 AM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.